“In 1953, the town of Qaanaaq and its inhabitants were relocated a hundred kilometers north to enable the U.S. Air Force to expand its military base in Thule. In “compensation”, the army built the first houses at the new location, which are now considered to be the historic houses of “new Thule”. With no running water, they are identifiable by their small surface areas, low ceilings and two sets of windows.

Allanngorpoq by Sébastien Tixier (3/4)

Leave a Reply